What do I need to register a .com.au Domain?
Due to .com.au domains purpose being for commercial use you must first have a registered business trading in Australia, you must also meet one or more of the following eligibility requirements,
- An Australian Registered Company,
- Trading under a registered business name in any Australian State or Territory,
- An Australian partnership or sole trader,
- A foreign company licensed to trade in Australia,
- An owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark,
- An Association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory,
- An Australian commercial statutory Body,
In addition to meeting one or more of the above eligibility requirements the domain name registered must be an exact match, abbreviation or acronym of the registrant’s name or trademark or otherwise closely and substantially connected to the registrant.
Was this answer helpful?
Buying and selling of an .au domains is allowed to another entity for any reason so long as the...
GoHosting will notify you by email at several intervals as your domain approaches its expiry...
Once a domain name is registered it is unlikely the registrar will let you change it. In some...
Yes, we currently only offer private WHOIS data on .com and .net domain names. The cost is...
The .asn.au domain names are for registered non-commercial Organisations such as Charity...