What do I need to register a .com.au Domain?
Due to .com.au domains purpose being for commercial use you must first have a registered business trading in Australia, you must also meet one or more of the following eligibility requirements,
- An Australian Registered Company,
- Trading under a registered business name in any Australian State or Territory,
- An Australian partnership or sole trader,
- A foreign company licensed to trade in Australia,
- An owner of an Australian Registered Trade Mark,
- An Association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory,
- An Australian commercial statutory Body,
In addition to meeting one or more of the above eligibility requirements the domain name registered must be an exact match, abbreviation or acronym of the registrant’s name or trademark or otherwise closely and substantially connected to the registrant.
Was this answer helpful?
Domain names are governed by different bodies that make the rules on everything to do with their...
Once a domain name is registered it is unlikely the registrar will let you change it. In some...
Once you register a domain name, it can take up to 24 hours for the new DNS records to propagate...
Buying and selling of an .au domains is allowed to another entity for any reason so long as the...
The .org.au domain names are for registered non-commercial Organisations such as Charity...