The .org.au domain names are for registered non-commercial Organisations such as Charity Groups, Religious Organisations, Sporting Groups and Student associations, Commercial entities cannot register .org.au domain names, the AuDA state that in order to be Eligible for an .org.au domain you must meet at least one of the following eligibility critters
- You must an association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory,
- A political party registered with the Australia Electoral Commission,
- A trade union or other organisation registered under the Workplace Relations Act 1996
- A sporting or special interest club operating in Australia
- A charity operating in Australia, as defined in the registrant’s constitution or other documents of incorporation.
The registration of your domain must also be an exact match, abbreviation or acronym of the registrants name or otherwise closely and substantially connected to the registrant.