Purpose – This Internet acceptable usage policy sets out rules and standards which apply to your Web Hosting, Server Hosting, Virtual Server Hosting and Network Usage including your responsibilities, permitted and prohibited uses and resource usage. GoHosting’s (“AUP”) or Acceptable Usage Policy is designed to protect customers, end users, and the performance / reliability of GoHosting’s network (all physical and virtual) (“Services”).
Application – This policy applies to all customers who acquire services from GoHosting Pty Ltd as well as any person / persons you allow to use the service GoHosting Pty Ltd provides. Failure to comply with this policy may lead to suspension or termination of your service. This AUP is incorporated by this reference into each Customer’s service agreement. GoHosting reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time as required, and a Customer’s use of the Services after changes to this policy are posted on GoHosting’s web site www.gohosting.com.au will constitute the Customer’s acceptance of any such amendments as will payment of each invoice. Customers are responsible for complying with this policy and for violations attributable to their customers and users, whether authorised or not by Customer. Customers must take all reasonable steps to ensure that they, their customers and users will comply with this policy. This AUP does not (a) obligate GoHosting to monitor, review, or police the data and content residing on its network or (b) create any obligation of GoHosting to any party that is not a Customer. GoHosting expressly disclaims any liability for the data and content residing on its network and servers and for the actions of its Customers. You are responsible for your actions on our telecommunications network and systems you access through your Internet Service. If you act recklessly or irresponsibly in using your Internet Service or your actions endanger any person or the integrity or security of our Network, systems or equipment, your access may be restricted, suspended or terminated, without prior notice. Any questions or comments regarding this AUP should be directed to through to GoHosting, by contacting 1300 85 10 14 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible Usage – You agree that you will not use, attempt to use or allow your Hosting Service to be used to:
- store, send or distribute any content or material which is restricted, prohibited or otherwise unlawful under any applicable Commonwealth, State or Territory law, or which is likely to be offensive or obscene to a reasonable person;
- store, send or distribute confidential information, copyright material or other content which is subject to third party intellectual property rights, unless you have a lawful right to do so;
- do anything, including store, send or distribute material which defames, harasses, threatens, abuses, menaces, offends, violates the privacy of, or incites violence or hatred against, any person or class of persons, or which could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
- do any other act or thing which is illegal, fraudulent or otherwise prohibited under any applicable Commonwealth, State or Territory law or which is in breach of any code, standard or content requirement of any other competent authority;
- do anything, including store, send or distribute material, which interferes with other users or restricts or hinders any person from accessing, using or enjoying the Internet, our Services, Network or systems;
- forge header information, email source address or other user information;
- access, monitor or use any data, systems or networks, including another person’s private information, without authority or attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any data, system or network;
- compromise the security or integrity of any network or system including our Network;
- access, download, store, send or distribute any viruses or other harmful programs or material;
- send or distribute unsolicited advertising, bulk electronic messages or otherwise breach your spam obligations, or overload any network or system including our Network and systems;
- use another person’s name, username or password or otherwise attempt to gain access to the account of any other Customer;
- tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised modifications to any network or system; or
- authorise, aid, abet, encourage or incite any other person to do or attempt to do any of the above acts;
- run any process that requires more than 256Mb of memory space, more than 240 CPU seconds, or use more than 20% of all available system resources at any time;
- run any type of interactive real-time chat applications that require server resources. Remotely-hosted services are fully allowed;
- run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
- run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network;
- Introducing or executing malicious programmes into any network or server, such as viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, and key loggers;
- Causing or initiating security breaches or disruptions of network communication and/or connectivity, including port scans, flood pings, email-bombing, packet spoofing, IP spoofing, and forged routing information;
- Executing any form of network activity that will intercept data not intended for the Customer’s server or account;
- Evading or circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account, including cracking, brute-force, or dictionary attacks;
- Interfering with or denying service to any user, host, or network other than the Customer’s host, such as a denial of service attack or distributed denial of service attack;
- Run any gaming servers/services without the express written consent of GoHosting Pty Ltd
- On Budget hosting plans/packages you may not use the hosting services for storage of any data not related to the displayed website. You are expressly prohibited from use as an online file repository.
- On Budget hosting plans/packages you may not execute any database query that takes longer than 30 seconds to complete.
- Conduct designed to avoid restrictions or access limits to specific services, hosts, or networks, including the forging of packet headers or other identification information;
- Using any program, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with or disable a user’s terminal session;
- Being in breach of the Anti Spam Laws of any country;
Indemnify -The Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold GoHosting harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable legal fees asserted against GoHosting, its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by the customer, it’s agents, employees or assignees. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless GoHosting against liabilities arising out of; (1) any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with GoHosting servers; (2) any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party and (3) copyright infringement (4) any other loss which may or may not arise out of services provided or utilised in with GoHosting is related.
Disclaimer – GoHosting expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation: Any warranties as to the availability, accuracy, completeness or content of information, products or services that are part of the GoHosting web site; And warranties or fitness for a particular purpose, or merchantability or against infringement. In no event will GoHosting, its affiliates, licensors, employees, agents or contractors, be liable to you for any damages or losses, including without limitation indirect, consequential, special, incidental or punitive damages resulting from or caused by GoHosting, Its Network, Other Customers or any related service, its content or any errors or omissions in its content, even if advised of the possibility of such damages GoHosting makes no warranty or representation whatsoever regarding the web site or any content, advertising, services or products provided through or in connection with the web site.